Apple launched the iPhone 13 series on September 15 last year, and the market demand was strong after the launch. In fact, the demand for the iPhone 13 series pushed up the overall sales of the iPhone. In the fourth quarter, it surpassed Samsung and returned to first place globally. Although the iPhone 13 has been on the market for more than half a year, and like the previous generations of iPhones, there have been seasonal changes in sales after the launch, according to analysts’ reports, the current iPhone demand is still strong.
The demand for the iPhone 13 series is stronger than the same period of previous generations of iPhones. The iPhone’s share improved in March, with Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile accounting for at least 60% of shipments in March. Although lower than before the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S22, but still higher than in the past few years.
Presently, US telecom operators have high inventories for the four iPhone 13 models. However, the supply of the two high-end versions, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max is lower than the two lower models. The iPhone 13 has since replaced the iPhone 13 Pro Max as the best-selling model.
For Apple’s newly launched iPhone SE 3, analysts’ surveys show that demand is lower than expected. In fact, representatives of some operators even believe that demand is not as good as the second-generation iPhone SE launched in 2020.
Apple iPhone 13 specifications
- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, 800 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, True Tone, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 4‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iOS 15
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation for video, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 173grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours (for the mini version) / 19 hours (standard model) of video playback