Xiaomi has singled out POCO as a separate brand and continues to develop it, expanding its portfolio of devices. True, it is extremely difficult to determine the identity of the sub-brand, because a number of its hardware models are practically indistinguishable from solutions under the Redmi brand. All that POCO is capable of is just not to reuse the design, but to give their devices a different look.
The rebranding strategy should be repeated in the case of POCO F4, which by all forecasts will be a copy of Redmi K40S, which entered the Chinese market last month. But there is one good point in this story – in terms of cameras, POCO F4 should be one of the best camera phones outside of China with a price tag of up to $300. Rumor has it that for this model in India they can ask for around $270.
Recall that Redmi K40S (POCO F4) has a 20-megapixel front camera and a set of three sensors was installed on the backside, where the main Sony IMX582 with f/1.79 aperture and an optical stub. To help it, they gave it an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens with a viewing angle of 119 degrees and a 2-megapixel sensor for macro shots.
POCO F4 claims to be the best camera phone in the sub $300 segment
Redmi K40S specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform; with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 8GB + 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, OIS, LED flash; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.2x 75.95 x 7.7mm; Weight: 195g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 67W fast charging
Other key features of the Redmi K40S include a Snapdragon 870 chipset, a 6.67-inch Samsung E4 AMOLED display; with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels, 6/8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage. The battery capacity was 4500 mAh and fast-charging power of 67 watts. Recall that the price tag for Redmi K40S in China starts at $280; and in its top variant the smartphone costs $380.