Facebook and Instagram are two of the most popular social media platforms. Getting a blue badge on these platforms can help you stand out from the crowd. Both Facebook and Instagram are owned by Meta. “Meta Verified” is a subscription service that is now available in India. This service allows users to buy Instagram and Facebook verification at monthly rates. This service is designed to help creators grow their presence and build their community faster. The subscription bundle includes a verified badge that authenticates your account with a government ID. It also offers proactive account protection, access to account support, and increased visibility and reach.
Requirements for Verification
Before applying for a verified badge, you need to ensure that your account meets the eligibility criteria. In order to be eligible to apply for the blue tick, your Facebook / Instagram account must meet the following criteria:
- The Account Must Be Authentic: In order to be considered for verification, your account must represent a registered business or entity, or it must belong to a real person or public figure. Before now, this service was only available to public figures or those with special duties like journalists and others. However, with the new system, any “real person” can decide to buy the blue badge.
- The Account Must Be Complete: It means that it must have a profile photo, bio, and at least one post in the feed. The account should be actively used at the time of placing the request for verification
- To apply for this service, you must be 18 years and above
- You must show evidence of prior posting history
- Prove of identity with a govt ID is needed. The ID must match the name and image of the account
- Some users may have to provide a brief selfie video to complete the process
Please note that once the entire process is successful, you will see the blue tick or blue badge next to your Facebook or Instagram profile. This shows that the account is not a scam and it belongs to the person in the image. The blue badge payment service is rolling out to the Indian public today. Any user that meets the eligibility criteria in the coming weeks, can make payment for the badge. In the coming months, there will be a web payment option for this service which will cost Rs 599 ($7.26) per month. On android and iOS, the payment service “Meta Verified” is available at Rs 699 ($8.48) monthly in India.
Gizchina News of the week
How to Apply for Verification
Once you have ensured that your account meets the eligibility criteria, you can apply for verification by following these steps:
- Go to your Instagram or Facebook profile and tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Select Settings, then Account, and then Request Verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required identification documents, such as a government-issued ID or a business tax filing.
- Tap Send when you've completed your application.
Once Meta has reviewed your request, they will let you know whether your account has been verified or not.
Mixed Feelings about Meta Verified
This new payment system for the blue badge comes with its pros and cons. One obvious pro is that it will give users some sort of authenticity. When you are chatting with someone, you can be sure that you are talking with the real account. On the downside, users will now have to pay for what used to be free. The blue badge started off as a feature of influence or notability. But now, Meta is making it more of a feature of authenticity. Some people are not happy about the change.
Another pro of this feature is that subscribers receive premium access to exclusive features and have easier access to Meta account support. This is a good thing for those that need it. The Meta Verified badge and the verified badge for notable accounts look the same. Both types of verification indicate that the account has gone through a verification process. Users with the verified badge for notable accounts will not have to pay to keep the badge. However, they will not have access to the exclusive features that come with a subscription
Expert opinions on purchasing Meta Blue Badge are mixed. According to Screenrant, some experts believe that paying for the badge is not worth it because it no longer indicates actual influence or notability. Others argue that gaining the elusive blue tick on platforms like Meta has become increasingly important and that the subscription service makes it easy for anyone to gain access to the previously elusive blue check badge on Instagram and Facebook.
Whether or not purchasing the Meta Blue Badge is worth it depends on your goals and priorities. If you are an influencer or a business that relies heavily on social media, the subscription service may be worth it for the exclusive features and easier access to account support. However, if you are an individual who just wants the blue check for aesthetics, it may not be worth the monthly fee.
Getting a verified blue badge on Facebook and Instagram can help you establish credibility and authenticity on these platforms. With the Meta Verified subscription service and the eligibility criteria for verification, it is now easier than ever to get a blue badge on these platforms. By following the steps mentioned in this article, you can apply for verification and get your account verified. However, it is good to note that it is no longer free as it used to be in the past. Users will now have to pay a monthly subscription fee for the service.