Twitter has launched a new function that allows community administrators to ask new people to answer questions before joining the group. This feature is part of Twitter Communities, which is a new way for users to connect, talk, and bond with others who share their interests and values. In this article, we will discuss this new feature in detail and how it can benefit community admins.
This new feature on X was launched late last night. In introducing the new feature, the X official account called it “gatekeeping allowed”. With this new feature, private community admins on X can now ask new people to answer some questions before they join the group. Judging from the screenshots provided by X, the page for joining the group provides questions, group rules and other content. Also, there is an “Agree and Join” button at the bottom. This is similar to social communication platforms such as Facebook and Chinese QQ.
After Musk acquired Twitter, he considered turning the social media platform Twitter into a super app like WeChat. As early as the first half of last year, he had already talked about his love for the WeChat model in a podcast. Elon Musk said “It’s a bit like a combination of Twitter, PayPal and a lot of other things, using a great interface. It brings them all together. It’s a really great app. We don’t have anything like it outside of China.”
In August this year, X CEO, Linda Yaccarino predicted that X Platform would launch audio and video calling functions. She added, “Musk does believe in vertical integration, and Twitter would be a great example of vertical integration.”
What are Twitter Communities?
Twitter Communities is a new feature that allows users to create and join groups based on their interests. These groups are managed by community administrators and moderators who enforce community rules and keep conversations informative, relevant, and fun. Users can connect with others who share their passions, hobbies, goals, and interests, and feel like they’re watching, enjoying, and participating in something with people who understand them.
Gizchina News of the week
How does the new feature work?
With the new feature, community administrators can ask new people questions before joining the group. This is a great way to ensure that new members are a good fit for the community and share the same interests and values. The questions can be customized to fit the needs of the community, and administrators can choose to make them mandatory or optional.
What are the benefits of the new feature?
The new feature has several benefits for community admins. Here are some of them:
- Ensures that new members are a good fit for the community: By asking new people to answer questions before joining the group, community administrators can ensure that new members share the same interests and values as the existing members. This can help maintain the quality of conversations and keep the community relevant and informative.
- Reduces spam and trolls: By making the questions mandatory, community administrators can reduce the number of spam and troll accounts that join the group. This can help create a safe and welcoming environment for members.
- Customizable questions: Community administrators can customize the questions to fit the needs of the community. This can help ensure that new members are a good fit for the community and share the same interests and values.
How to create a Twitter Community?
Creating a Twitter Community is easy. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Twitter app or website and click on the “Communities” tab.
2. Click on the “Create a Community” button.
3. Choose a name for your community and add a description.
4. Choose the type of community you want to create (public or private).
5. Choose the membership settings (open or restricted).
6. Invite members to join the community.
Pros and Cons of the New Community Feature
– Ensures that new members are good for the community
– Reduces spam and trolls
– Customizable questions
– May allow for groups that toe the line of X’s terms and policies by keeping people out who might flag or report the group’s content
– May create a more exclusive status for some communities. This means that only some people will have access, as admins weigh their responses to determine their worthiness
Twitter Communities is a great way for users to connect, talk, and bond with others who share their interests and values. The new feature that allows community administrators to ask new people to answer questions before joining the group is a great way to ensure that new members are good for the community and share the same interests and values. By customizing the questions and making them mandatory, community administrators can reduce spam and trolls and create a safe and welcoming environment for members.
This feature can help community administrators maintain the quality of conversations and keep the community relevant and informative. By reducing spam and trolls, it can create a safe and welcoming environment for members. Custom questions can help ensure that new members are good for the community. It will help the admin to know that the new member shares the same interests and values as the community. However, the feature may also create some issues. It could allow for exclusive communities and potentially keep out people who might flag or report the group’s content. Members also need to be aware that any tweets shared with the community are public, so they need to be careful about what they share.