Based on my mobile usage data, I typically spend around 20 to 45 minutes daily using the YouTube app. While this might appear substantial, I tend to have videos running continuously, even in the background, especially during the nighttime hours. Plus, the majority of my YouTube consumption takes place on my mobile device.
However, I frequently stumble upon novel features within the android app and on the platform itself that have allowed me to optimize my YouTube usage on my smartphone and, in some cases, curtailed my app usage. Below, I'll share some concealed functionalities and strategies that have enabled me to maximize my YouTube experience on my mobile device.
Mastering YouTube on Your Mobile: Unveiling the Secrets Every Android User Should Know
google has dedicated considerable effort to enhance the user-friendliness of the YouTube mobile app, aiming to keep users engaged in watching videos or Shorts, or ideally, both. The app boasts an intuitive interface, featuring large thumbnails, effortless channel subscriptions, and the ability to “Like” videos with ease. Additionally, there are gestures that permit users to skip ahead or rewind a few seconds within a video.
Nonetheless, several valuable tricks and functions are not immediately apparent and appear to be nestled within the depths of the app's settings menu and the user's Google account. But fret not, in the forthcoming list, you'll discover a selection of some of the most advantageous tips, features, and gestures for optimizing your YouTube experience on an Android device.
Take full control over what YouTube knows about your viewing activity:
- Delete Your Watched Video History:
- Open the YouTube app on your Android device.
- Tap your profile picture located in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the gear-shaped Settings icon.
- Select “Manage all history” and choose your Google account if you have multiple.
- Hit the “Delete” button and decide whether to erase videos watched on the same day, during a specified time period, or your entire history.
- On the left side, you'll find a calendar icon; you can use it to filter your activity prior to a specific date, enabling you to remove your video history up to a certain point.
- Automatic History Deletion:
- On the same “YouTube History” screen, you can opt for “Automatic Delete” and schedule your watched video history to be automatically deleted every 3, 18, or 36 months. You can also manually delete your history at any time.
- Delete Specific Videos from Your History:
- Scroll down on the “YouTube History” screen to view your recent video views and search history.
- Select and delete individual videos and searches from your history as desired.
- Pause Watched Video History:
- In the “YouTube History” window, access the “Controls” tab.
- Here, you can disable the recording of your watched video history entirely, or choose not to save your YouTube search history. You have the flexibility to turn history recording on or off at your convenience.
- Remove Likes and Comments:
- On the same “YouTube History” screen, navigate to the “Interactions” tab.
- This section allows you to view your history of video likes, comments you've made, and more. You can delete likes and comments as needed.
With these steps, you can manage and control the information YouTube collects about your viewing habits and interactions on the platform.
Gizchina News of the week