A new android 14 Beta update dropped on Pixel devices this morning as Android 14 QPR1 Beta 2.2. This may not be Beta 3, but google included a lengthy list of bug fixes that sure point to this being a bigger update that would usually jump us up another version.
The update, like previous Android 14 QPR1 Beta builds is available to the Pixel 5a, Pixel 6 and 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7 and 7 Pro, Pixel 7a, Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro, Pixel Fold, and Pixel Tablet. The new build is here as U1B2.230922.013 and appears to have files ready for all devices I just listed.
Android 14 QPR1 Beta 2.2 Bug Fixes
The full list of Android 14 QPR1 fixes is below and touches on everything from calls not coming through to device unlock stutters and screen flickering when in always-on display. Google also addressed an issue with the battery percentage showing 0% and one that caused memory corruption. Again, it's a big list you'll want to read through.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented devices from receiving calls. (Issue #298747690)
- Fixed an issue where tapping or long-pressing a Quick Settings tile sometimes failed to launch the corresponding app or settings menu. (Issue #302147272)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Settings app to crash when checking for system software updates. (Issue #303739210)
- Fixed an issue that prevented Device Mirroring from working correctly with Pixel Fold devices. (Issue #302003079)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented the system settings for large screen user per-app overrides from loading.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Camera HAL to apply the wrong tuning profile when an app requested a certain camera mode.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the system UI or device to crash if accessibility magnification mode was toggled rapidly.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the package installer to crash due to a null pointer exception.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the system launcher to crash due to a null pointer exception.
- Fixed an issue that interfered with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity until the device was rebooted.
- Fixed issues with Face Unlock reliability.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the device unlock animation to stutter.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the screen to flicker when transitioning from always-on display mode to the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the animation to display incorrectly when a user gestured to open the notification shade.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the system UI to crash or consume more memory than necessary.
- Fixed an issue that caused the picture-in-picture window to stop displaying with rounded corners after locking and unlocking the device.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused device-to-device transfer data to be saved to an incorrect account.
- Fixed an issue that caused some UI elements to render incorrectly when the device font scale was increased.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the work profile badge for an app icon to be displayed in the wrong place while viewing the list of recent apps.
- Fixed an issue that caused some text to display in the wrong colors when always-on display features were enabled.
- Fixed issues that sometimes caused a device to crash and reboot.
- Fixed an issue where additional power was still being consumed by mobile network connectivity even after a device connected to Wi-Fi.
- Fixed an issue where audio failed to play back or was interrupted if Adaptive Sound was enabled.
- Fixed issues with audio playback when using spatial audio.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Wi-Fi service to be interrupted and fail to connect until the device was restarted.
- Fixed an issue where the battery level in the status bar sometimes displayed temporarily as 0%.
- Fixed an issue for Pixel Fold and Pixel Tablet devices where the “All Apps” button on the taskbar was slow to appear immediately after launching an app.
- Fixed an issue for Pixel Fold devices where the lock screen was sometimes still displayed if the device was unlocked and unfolded at the same time.
- Fixed an issue for Pixel Tablet devices where a primary user's live wallpaper selection would sometimes be overridden after a secondary user selected a different live wallpaper.
- Fixed an issue for Pixel Tablet devices that caused an unsmooth animation when tapping to return to an app from the list of recent apps.
- Fixed an issue for Pixel Tablet devices that caused audio to pop when adjusting the volume if a wired headset was connected.
- Fixed an issue for Pixel Tablet where a user was returned to the Home screen instead of the app that was open when the device was locked if they unlocked the device using their fingerprint while a screen saver was active.
- Fixed an issue that caused memory corruption in rare cases.
- Fixed various issues that were impacting system stability, performance, and connectivity.
Download Android 14 QPR1 Beta 2.2 Update
Release date: November 2, 2023
Emulator support: x86 (64-bit), ARM (v8-A)
Security patch level: October 2023
Google Play services: 23.32.17
Want to start testing Android 14 QPR1 beta builds? Below, we have links to the factory image and OTA files to get folks updated the old school way, but you don't need to go that route to get updated. In fact, you probably shouldn't go that route unless you are experienced in that area. You can always enroll in the Android Beta Program (here) and get the update over-the-air that way. For those who would rather avoid a command prompt and adb commands, do that. Google should begin pushing the update through the Android Beta Program shortly.
Android 14 QPR1 Beta 2.2 Downloads: Factory Images | OTA Images